Sunday, October 06, 2019

For as ye sow, shall ye reap


Subtitled: the Worm that Turned.


The worm in question is this boi bach.....



He was nicknamed that by Huw, not only because he was constantly on the move as a toddler and still is, I might add, but he wriggled and wriggled and jiggled inside me for 6 ½ months...... plus.


None of this “Oohh, ouch  I felt my baby kick” that I’d hear friends groan and grumble about, but relentlessly, wiggling and jiggling inside my ever increasing tummy. A joyful feeling albeit slightly worrying.

Worm will turn 35 tomorrow, or you could say today seeing as it’s Harvest Sunday ( well not quite because this year the elders  changed the date of Cwrdd Diolchgarwch in Penuel)

All said and done, the first Sunday in October will always be the day I say Thank You to the Almighty for the gift of life He bestowed on us.

‘Course there has been the odd occasion when I haven’t attended a Harvest Service due to illness, often named Sabbath-itis by my very lovely dad in law (R.G. as he was known in ministerial circles, but Dick 😳 by my mum in law .) I never knew whether or not it was a tease by him or what.

Today, was no exception and off I went to Penuel  with rose tinted spectacled memories of being in the Labour Ward at Morriston Hospital, huffing and puffing and doing my breathing, or trying to at least.

All of a sudden there came a familiar noise from the corridor. It was The Salvation Army Band booming out “We plough the fields and scatter the good seed on the land …..”

Fast forward to many long laborious hours later, I found myself surrounded by medics of all sorts, and as I was being wheeled off for an emergency C – Section, a nurse shouted over the heads of everyone else, “Mr. Robertssssss! Your mother is on the phone asking how long you’ll be. Your dinner is in the oven!” To which my usually patient and polite Huw irreverently snapped back, “Tell her that we’ve got an over cooked bun in our oven!”

 *cringe..🙈....

Today’s Morning Service was conducted in a more civil and reverend manner by Y Bugail, HG Roberts but I daren’t ever catch his eye during Holy Communion because we remember that day..... fondly


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Busy counting blessings -----umm, not enough fingers though 😉

No comments :