Saturday, September 07, 2019

I love the Moon, the Moon loves me....




“Speak roughly to your little boy
and beat him when he sneezes!
he only does it to annoy,
because he knows it teases!”

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland.




There’s nothing I can emphasise more than to urge caution with your words to children. Take for example my very lovely and caring mam….

I was always a poor sleeper as a child and if there was a big bright moon shining into my bedroom window, it would keep me awake.

Why? You might ask. Was it too bright? Sadly no. As I’ve said, I was a poor sleeper- that’s all.

However she’d scare me witless with desperate threats of, “If you don’t go to sleep, then Mr. Moon will come and get you!” meaning well of course as mams did.... back in the 1950s.

When I grew old enough to read, I read countless books about The Moon and Planets , immersing myself in reading about Space. I was especially  engrossed when I was allowed to stay up late to watch on TV Neil Armstrong set foot on the Moon on July 20th 1969. 

Cathartic? You betcha! And the reason why I’m so besotted with taking photos of it. Simples ! as long as you understand the principles of Catharsis
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



No comments :