Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Lle i enaid gael llonydd ?


Roughly trans:  a  place for the soul to find peace


Picture this: it’s a scene from Cardiff Bay. With Cardiff being the Capital City of Wales, you’d imagine it’s a hustle-bustle/skittle-scuttle-scramble kind of place, and it is.


It had also been that kind of a day, a very full day arriving lunchtime to meet with a friend, who allowed me to stroll at a leisurely pace in the warmth of the early autumn sunshine. A blissful and peaceful encounter. Happy.

As the day progressed however, I found myself amidst the throngs of people at an hotel where I’d booked in for the night.  Chitter- chatter, chitter – chatter. Idle chatter…….

After making my (polite, never rude) excuses, I scooted off to be alone with my thoughts. Just as I do. Often. Too often? I think not.

Much as I love life and fully embrace it despite its many limitationsI like my ‘quiet place’.

I found myself sat here on old Doris’s Bike, my blue ability scooter which with the Brexit palaver may get renamed   …. at peace in the City. How odd you may think, especially when you could start wondering why that yacht is sailing around in circles ………………



Oh no, not odd at all when that  still small voice speaks to you in the midst of it all.
You listen. You ALWAYS get your answer. Simples.



Peace in the City…Lle i enaid gael llonydd.



No comments :